Monday, February 7, 2011

Dance for terminally ill Kelowna,BC boy Feb.12/11

Help me raise awareness and funds for the Caleb Lanz. He's 9 years old and has been diagnosed with a terminal brain tumour. Jason

Amplify’d from
Photo contributed
See more at
He may only be nine-years-old, but he doesn't mind having a Valentine's Day dance.
The February 12 dance -- which is already sold-out -- is being held to support the family of Caleb Lanz, who was diagnosed with a terminal Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG) brain tumour last January.
Once diagnosed, 90 per cent of children die within the first year and the remaining 10 per cent die within the next two years.
Proceeds from the adult dance and silent auction at the Ellison Community Hall will help the Lanz family pay their bills, with extra donations going to fund research.

While more items are needed for the silent auction and donations are always welcome, Taylor says the family could also use help with Lanz's wish to see the Harry Potter exhibit in Seattle, which ends this weekend.
To donate or contribute, contact Rhea Taylor at (250) 765-3466.

No comments: